When having any problems with your computer, then computer diagnostic programs are the best. They are used to maintain and evaluate your computer. They are used to monitor and optimize your computer system.
The software programs may provide basic information, delete unnecessary files, fine-tune your system settings, clean and repair your windows registry and improve your computer’s performance.
In this article, we’ll have a brief look at how to diagnose a computer and also how to use computer diagnostic tools or software.
We’ll start with the general method of diagnosing a computer.
How to diagnose a computer problem
- Check the post:
It stands for power on self test. It is generally the first and second thing that appears on a computer after turning on the power. The POST will display any problems found with hardware that makes the computer unable to boot.
- Notice the load time of the OS:
A longer than usual load time indicates seeks errors. Check any graphic problems once the OS is loaded: reduced graphics may indicate driver failures or hardware failures with graphic cards.
- To perform an auditory test:
It is an effective way to judge how a computer is working. When the computer is on play any audio clip if it is slow or cut in between it means the processor is working at an elevated level. This affects how the hard drive reads and writes data from a drive.
- Check any newly installed software:
Software may require more resources than the system can provide. Chances are that if a problem begins after software starts, the software is causing it.
- Check RAM and CPU consumption:
A common problem is a sluggish system. An easy way to check this is to use task manager right click on the taskbar select Task Manager and click the processes tab.
- Listen to the computer:
If the hard drive is scratching or making loud noises, shut off the computer and diagnose the hard drive.
- Run a virus malware scan:
Performance problems can be caused by malware on the computer. Use a commonly updated virus scanner.
- Check for the problem in safe mode:
To enter safe mode, tap F8 repeatedly during POST if the problem is there then there is a problem in the system.
That pretty sums up the basic errors and diagnosis of a PC. We’ll now look into the software side of computer diagnosis.
How to check a computer with diagnostic software
- Write a list of hardware or system processes that you like to diagnose. Start with the hard disk and the memory (RAM) because many performance issues and hardware problems originate here.
- Run the computer diagnostic software available through your operating system. Restart the computer if prompted. Native diagnostic software provides crucial system information and performs basic functions.
- Research programs that diagnose the items or troubleshoot the problems that you listed. Download the selected software, install and run the downloaded diagnostic software.
- Understand the basic functions and risks before checking the computer with diagnostic software.
- Install and run the computer diagnostic software. There is some diagnostic software that might require to reboot the computer or to boot from a flash drive or CD, while others are run like regular programs.
- Make sure to check that your computer is stable by running the same basic functions, if everything works, the software probably do its job.
A good computer diagnostic software is important if you want a safe and secure system. Keeping your computer safe and updated is essential to protect yourself from hackers and other malicious virus or malware.
Watch a short video of a computer diagnostic from a hardware fail:
Today’s living and lifestyle depends a great deal on computers. Having a good knowledge of computers, and computer diagnosis of course, goes a long way in making your life easier.
- computer diagnostics
- COMPUTER diagnosis
- computer diagnostic software
- diagnostic computer
- computer diagnostics of body
- diagnostic programs for computers
- computing FR & comparison working investment
- computer dignotic tools and symptoms
- web based pc diagnostic